I decided I wanted to become an attorney when I did a job shadowing program at the age of 14. I started working in a law office when I was 16, and I’ve been at it ever since! My favorite aspects of practicing law are helping people, solving problems, and learning something new every day.
When I’m not lawyering, I enjoy all things health and fitness related (strength training, yoga, & running are my favorites), cooking, reading, listening to podcasts and spending time with my family, including my husband, Jeff, and our two kids: Jaden & Ava.
“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”-William Arthur Ward
Civil litigation cases, including premises liability, product liability and trucking.
• Defended a waste transporter in an environmental claim regarding delivery of nonconforming waste to a non-hazardous landfill.
• Defended various commercial clients including grocery stores, clothing stores, apartment complexes, rental car companies, shuttle car services, beverage companies, car dealerships and a ready-mix concrete company in complex civil litigation cases, including personal injury defense, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, trucking fatalities, premises liability, and products liability.
• Developed client relations through informative and timely reporting and budgeting per client litigation guidelines.
• Handled matters at all stages of the process including: rapid response investigations, prelitigation evaluation and negotiations, and litigation from start to finish: pleadings, written discovery, depositions, experts, dispositive motions, mediation and settlement negotiations, and trial preparation.
• Handled a wide variety of cases ranging from small claims court cases to multi-million dollar litigation in state and federal court.
• As a Plaintiff’s attorney, represented individuals in personal injury litigation, including: conducting focus groups, preparing witnesses for trial and deposition testimony; taking depositions; arguing motions before the court; attending mediations; preparing cases for trial; successfully trying cases to a jury verdict; settling cases; negotiating reductions and disbursing settlements.
• Juris Doctor, SMU Dedman School of Law, May 2009
• Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, The University of Texas at Austin, magna cum laude, May 2006
• Dallas Bar Association
• Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Inc.
• State Bar of Texas, May 2010
• Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western U.S. District Courts of Texas
• Case Note: JCW Investments, Inc. v. Novelty, Inc., 12 SMU Sci. & Tech. L. Rev. 95 (2008)
• Co-presenter at Texas Law Update- Dallas, TX April 2015- Attacking the Questionable Injury Claim
• Co-presenter at Texas Law Update- Dallas, TX April 2017- Understanding the Workers’ Comp Bar